Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Inspiration All Around

Hello lovelies!

Happy Monday to you! Hope your first day of the week (And of November, for that matter) went well.

I have a few notes to catch up on: A few from a Social Justice Conference I went to... Read on! :-)

This was the first of three notes to be left on Thursday of last week. I attended a Social Justice Conference at a local college campus with a group of kids from school. It was super neat to listen to speakers, attend workshops, and be generally informed about injustices around the world, as well as locally. Very cool.

P.S. I've been trying to think of the saying on this note ("Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.") for FOREVER. I finally saw it somewhere publicly the other day... And was itching to get in on a Post-it!
This note also went up at the Social Justice Conference. I just couldn't contain myself! ;-)

And lastly, this lovely Post-it went up in a bus seat on the way home from our outing. It must've been conference inspiration! Side note: This Post-it quotation came from a presentation done at our school district by the name of Rachel's Challenge. If you aren't familiar, you should definitely check it out! Anyway, it's a super inspiring story about the power of kindness. And these were some of the many provoking words Rachel wrote while she was alive. Good stuff.

Okay, well off to do some homework. May you have a lovely week until my next post!

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment