Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Monday, May 16, 2011

I ♥ Blogging

Happy Tuesday, friends!

So, I don't know about your current whereabouts, but my yard is FULL of sunshine and SPRING time! (It's May--but I still feel like I should knock on wood for that comment.)

It's B-E-A-utiful outside! (Yes, Bruce Almighty taught me how to spell that word.) I'm so very glad the sun has decided to make an appearance. Please stay!

After taking a nice run around town after school, this was the sight I came home to. Cue Hallelujah Chorus. Such a beaut!


I did, however, have to wrestle with death to get this artsy photo. Bumblebees are also taking advantage of this spring symphony. I don't know that I'm allergic to bees, however, it's fairly common in the world of allergies and for a chick who's allergic to EVERYTHING, I can only imagine what sort of scene a bee sting would cause. I'm just going to steer clear of the friendly creatures.

It truly is the small things, huh? Any other May, I probably wouldn't have noticed the lovely, blooming apple tree outside. Sometimes we forget how to be thankful... And a little deprivation is always a good kick in the pants. I think I just subconciously defended the bad weather. All this sun must be gettin' to me! ;-)

Just looking for reasons to be out of the house & enjoying the weather, I got gas this afternoon, as well. Exhibit A.

Short & sweet. That's how I roll. (Bahaha... K, not all the time.)

Other exciting news? Well, a friend from school has invited me to join a "advertising" crew for the town I live in. With all the economy stuff and even some local job hurt, a group of high schoolers are teaming up with some adults in the area to start a webpage highlighting the positive aspects of this little town.

Now, I'm really, really bad about complaining about my town. Buuut, I've always said that if I didn't live here, it would be a really nice area to hunker down with a family or what not. (Aaah! That thought terrifies me.) Anyway, I know there are positives and it might even be good for me, mentally, to be forced to search them out!

Anyway, this is exciting because the webpage will feature local stories about what makes this area so unique and special. Heeello! Blogging opportunity, here I come!


I know it won't be quite the same feel as my personal blog. But it'll give me a taste of what a career in the field may look like! I'll post a link or something when I have some deets... The page/goals are still very in the making.

Well, that appears to be all, folks. Hope you're enjoying this evening as much as I am. Until next time!

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment