Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Budgeted Spending!

Bonjour mon ami(e)!

My plan of attack was to put that greeting in Spanish, because I figured more people are familiar with that language. However, I'm not, which is a slight problem. And I'm not going to Google translate my witty 'hello'... I mean HEEELLOOO, that would totally defeat the purpose. So you'll have to pardon my French! ;-)

May I tell you something? The heat index today was 111 degrees--no big deal. So hot! Newsflash, Wisconsin... We aren't the Amazon Rain Forest. If you're going to rock the humidity, the least you can do is show off some exotic animals or something. Duuuh.

I bet you're wondering about my really grown-up, political sounding post title... Well, just you wait, my friend, we'll get there.

My one solid note for you was placed at a Target in the women's bathroom.Have I been leaving notes in departments stores often? Don't answer that.

(The answer is yes.) Want to know the biggest reason that this is a problem? Well, you see, I'm entering stores and yes, leaving notes, but I seem to keep leaving money there, as well! Somebody, manage my money for me, please!
Story of my life.

Alright, here's my budget for the next few months (Well, at least until the end of the summer. The school year brings its own budget.)

1.) Gas - Easily my most consuming expense. How high school do I sound? I know gas may seem trivial to the classic apartment renter or mortgage payer, but this is serious stuff for a 17-year-old student.

2.) Social events - It's summer, okay? Please give me a break, wallet! I'm going to try to keep my social outings to a limit, but I swear they are almost none existent during the school year. So, just this once, I'm attempting to have my cake & eat it, too. We all know how that pans out.

3.) Rollerblades - I've been talking about buying these babies for months. PLEASE, somebody hold me to it! I know they would be/will be a good buy and get their use... But when, oh when will I come up with the guts to lay down the cash? Hopefully soon, for I'm budgeting for them!

4.) Car fresheners - Alright, I know these cost like three bucks. But I keep putting it off because I don't want to spend the money to buy them! Ugh! But the time has come... Next time I see them, I will make my move.Okay, anything besides this list is fair game for purchase SHUT-DOWN. Meaning, I probably shouldn't spend any money on it. Kapeesh? I'll maybe do an update in a few weeks on my successes... Or possible failures.

Well, I'm off to do a whole lot of nothin'! I worked all weekend and have sports all day tomorrow... And the humidity outside right now is like 98%. Isn't life beautiful?

Have a good Monday, y'hear?

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment