Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Catching Up

Hello, hello!

It feels quite nice to be sitting here on a mild spring afternoon just typing. It feels pretty right. You know how sometimes you're in a big rush all day long and before you know it you're laying in bed wondering where your day went? Yeah, moments like these make that striking realization a little less harsh.

Well, I'm assuming hoping some of you are reading a new post on this teeny blog for the first time. For those of you who maybe aren't... Allow me to explain. :-)

This last weekend I was presented with the opportunity, through a scholarship foundation, to fly down to Atlanta, Georgia for a weekend of absolute bliss. I have gained a tremendous amount of respect for the Coca-Cola Company for their generosity in providing transportation, living expenses, and an academic scholarship to be used over the next 6 years. Or so I thought. I had NO idea what an elaborate, packed-full, exciting, and memorable few days in Atlanta  it would be. I was so very blessed.

Among other things, (Okay, I can't resist filling you in. We met the CEO of Coke, Morgan Freemen, countless other prestigious business professionals, visited the Martin Luther King memorial, had the opportunity to spend quite a bit of time in the global Coca-Cola headquarters, AND met so many other amazing young adults. Alright, back to the story) each student (Sorry--back up. There were 250 kids selected for this scholarship. Out of 84,000. Nobigdeal.) was interviewed over the course of our stay for the chance to increase our scholarship's monetary value. WHATWHAT!

I, however, was so blown away by the amount of people who knew about my blog--I actually did tell all sorts of people about it. Gasp!--and even more so, the number of individuals who wanted the address. I was further inspired to literally litter the Coca-Cola facilities, hotel, and various other destination with Post-it notes. (P.S. Coca-Cola is actually super environmentally friendly. Would they approve of this kind of litter? Good question.)

So, here are just a few of many, friends. Enjoy!







Yellow must have really been on hand all weekend. ;-) If you're interested in passing it on, you can email me a picture of your note at doll.meagan@gmail.com.

You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.  - John Wooden

Over and out,

Meagan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment