Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

TPIE Anniversary

Today's a special, special day in TPIE world...

(This lovely lil' baby went up at a gas station after school. Gas? Expensive. Random encouragement? Priceless)

Speaking of that, a year ago today gas was averaging $2.83 a gallon. And you know what? I was probably complaining. Today? I paid $3.89 for gas when I dropped my note.

You know what else holds a spot in my heart, a year ago from today?

(Please guess. I'm just so excited!) The Post-it Effect's journey began on April 12, 2010.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT'S BEEN A YEAR?! Clearly, I can't. I know I haven't blogged everyday... But holy guacamole! Reflecting on how TPIE has affected my life, it doesn't always seem like very much. Did my every day revolve around it? No. Did I bring it up in conversation whenever I could? (Trick question!) Of course not. And I wouldn't say I went through some revolutionary epiphany that instantaneously made me a better person. (But if you ever find a pill/drink/book that does that, hook a sister up!)

The coolest memories from posting notes has been the small things... Like getting so nervous when on surveillance camera. Or having to type my messages to conceal my identity. Or hearing through the grape vine that some "anonymous person" as been leaving notes around school. Or simply being able write a note, leave it, and know that someone will find it. And whenever I would get discouraged about leaving messages, I would always re-read my introductory post. It put things into perspective. Every. Time.

Since I started leaving Post-its...


- I've really channeled in to the power of kindness. It can be, and more often than not is, so small. And probably feels 10x better when done anonymously.


"Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness." - Seneca

- I've learned a lot about myself. Trust me, I've gotten weird looks from people... There's a point when you move past that and just keep going because you know it's right in your heart.


"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." - John Wooden

- I've tried to practice what I preach. By no means I have perfected this. In fact, majority of the time, I'd say I fail miserably. However, everyone stands by their own advice because they believe it's the truth. The challenge is to live in it. Leaving these notes for strangers has challenged me to mirror the message I leave...

"Sometimes someone says something really small, and it just fits right into this empty place in your heart." - From the television show My So-Called Life

Although, as you know, I'm debating on what direction I want to head with blogging, I am so very grateful for this year of Post-it leaving. In some way or another, the trend will continue.
Have you had a kindness shown? Pass it on;
'Twas not given for thee alone, Pass it on;
Let it travel down the years,
Let it wipe another's tears,
'Til in Heaven the deed appears - Pass it on.
- Henry Burton, Pass It On

No comments:

Post a Comment