Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The best thing to hold onto in life is each other...

Now... Don't fall out of your chair, but YES, I'm blogging twice in the same week. What, what! She's back.

Actually, I have some calculus and psychology beckoning me from my bag, but I really wanted to this short post out before I forgot. (You totally know how I am.)

As a follow up to my last post, I really have been trying to stay away from the word 'busy.' As in, literally, I'm not using it... At least for awhile, until I come to better terms with how it fits into my life. I had to consciously rephrase an email to a friend. Baaah!Anyway, it all kind of came around full-circle this morning. A teacher had school admitted to having a 'bad week' through tears in her eyes and a cracking voice. I basically broke for her... If you knew this particular woman, you would be even more taken back by this rush of emotion. She's a very strong, confident, and almost guarded lady. You could compare it to seeing your dad cry. Yeah, that weird! It kind of leaves you dead in your tracks, wanting to do something, but not exactly sure how.

After having this run-in with her in the morning, it took about two hallways and a stop at my locker for me to realize that I couldn't go through the rest of my day without checking in with her. I made my way back to her room as asked her if she needed anything. I promised her that if she wanted help in any way that I would make it work! Of course, as the picture I painted reflects, she told me she was fine and unconvincingly told me that she'd let me know if something came up as tears began to fill her eyes again.

I still don't know what was wrong, but I left a note in there later that day. I don't even know who wrote it because I scribbled it on a piece of paper trying to find words that would be of some sort of comfort.

On a pink Post-it, I (think I) wrote "The comfort of hitting the bottom is knowing the only way you can go is up." I feel like I've heard a similar quote before, but my hand just sort of took the reigns on that one.

That's really all... I hope the note helped. I hope just me asking helped. If nothing else, maybe it helped her get through Wednesday, which is one more day closer to the end of this week. And that's enough for me. I was almost suprised how much I felt for this woman who rarely shows much emotion at all, let alone makes herself vulnerable. It was such a reminder of how alike we all are and how important is to lift each other up whenever we can.I know who I'm saying a prayer for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment