Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

People Lovin'

Okay, I know I'm the queen of semi-pointless posts, lately... But hear ye, hear ye, because this just made my week.

So, I just posted this simple quote on facebook earlier this evening. I'm a little bit quote-obsessive and often share my findings with the social network.

However, tonight, approximately... Oh, four mintues ago, I received an inbox message that will probably forever change how I view the power of words AND social networking.

A quiet girl I go to school with wrote me a private message that said, "Hey I know this is kind of weird, but there's been some pretty bad things happening in my home life lately and I wasn't handling it the best tonight, but your status made me feel stronger for whatever reason...so thanks. :) That's all I have to say."

Ohmygosh. Talk about make me choke up a little! I'm was seriously about two minutes from going to bed, got that, and HAD to blog quick. I love people. Every darn one of 'em. (Notice: I don't always like people, in fact, I find myself not liking them probably more than I should.) But loves different and pretty cool like that.

Have a good night!

Meagan

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome and helps remind me how powerful words can be. Plus, I love that you make a distinction between liking and loving people. I think I'm the same way and just couldn't put it in words until now. You rock.

    P.S. You're "random" blogging is better than most blogs I read. Which says a lot. Keep at it, my friend!

    ReplyDelete