Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mark it Down

Hi!

Say what? Two days in a row!? Has someone hacked my blog account?

No, silly! It's just regular, old me who so happened to have another "Post-it" opportunity, in which I was prepared to leave a note.

I needed to make a run to Wal-mart (Between you and me, I cannot stand Wal-mart. I will avoid it at all costs, however, I needed a new car battery and Wal-mart happened to have the cheapest one in the area. Side note: Some might also refer to me as a cheapskate. I probably am... Who knows if a battery is the right thing to bargain hunt for. But oh well!)

Anyyyway, while at Wal-mart I decided to leave a note, in hopes it would not only land in the lap of someone who needed it, but also to relieve all my bad Wal-Mart vibes that seemed to be circling my head. I stuck this lovely sticky note on the bathroom mirror...

On another note (Baha! No pun-intended), I received a very exciting email from my friend, Brittany, today! She, being the wonderful, thoughtful woman she is, left two Post-its over a little outing she took! Notice her use of the star sticky note... Not to mention the sand "Post-it" that may just go down in Post-it Effect history as the cutest thing I've ever seen.


Yep. She's a little on the awesome side.

Oh! And since she happened to leave the web-address on one of her notes, I have exciting Operation Beautiful news! (In case you weren't aware, Operation Beautiful was pretty much the inspiration for my little blog. I think I mention it a little bit in my first blog-post.) Operation Beautiful is going to be aired on The Today Show on August 5th at 10:00 AM. How exciting is that!? I'll be out of town that week... But you know I'll scout out a TV when the hour rolls around. Fun stuff.

Alright, well so far my day has been semi-productive...

Physical therapy: check
Replace car battery: check
Attempt to catch a few rays of sun: check (Or is that a not-check because it didn't really work... Hmmm.)

I think now I'll continue my venture in clearing out my room. And maybe do something fun and go get ice cream or something later. My life has been sort of "blah" lately.

Have a wonderful afternoon!

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment