Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Noodles & Notes

Happy 5th of July!

I bet the day after Independence Day feels awful boring, don't you think? I definitely use the 5th to deflate and regenerate after a busy 4th of July weekend.

Who am I kidding? I sound like a goon! Okay, okay... I just needed a witty greeting for this post. You caught me.

As you can see, the note I left today is a little sketchy. Well, it's just hard to read. It does in fact say, "Keep being you... You're the only one!" This is a sure example of my spontaneous posting, however. All I happened to have in my purse was the salmon-colored notes and a thin, orange Sharpie marker! Just my luck, eh?

Anyhoo, this note went in a Noodles & Co. bathroom. A friend and I made a day out of going to the zoo, swinging by the mall, and stopping for some lunch. I went to go wash my hands and decided I'd leave a Post-it... Little did I know I was so unprepared!

I usually keep 2-3 colored stacks of Post-its in my purse and AT LEAST two different colored pens/markers. Today, however, was an exception.

Well, that's that. I hope you had a fabulous holiday weekend. I did a whole lot of working and when I wasn't doing that, I did a whole lot of nothin'!

My highlights would be bonfire s'mores and fireworks from my porch! Those are probably two of my favorite things, in general.

I'm off to keep chuggin' through a book I'm reading...

G'night!

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment