Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Who, me?

Another week has come and gone...

Isn't is weird how some things seem to drag on and on, yet simultaneously fly by? Boggles my mind! Anyway, this week was sort of like that on this end, with some days lasting an eternity, yet still feeling like yesterday was Monday. Am I nuts? Don't answer that.

Today happened to be another photoless Post-it day. I stuck a note saying, "Have a little faith" on a random desk early on in the day... Never really heard anything more from it, but I suppose sometimes actions speak volumes.

However, I did have quite the run-in with some of my Post-it finders!

Today, at the lunch table, a friend walked over with a sticky note in her hand. Yes, it was one that had been placed (Who would have done that!?) in the girls bathroom earlier in the week. She said, "Meagan, did you do this?" And... Before we go any father... Any lies associated with this Post-it project don't really count, okay? Bahaha! I know that sounds silly, but it would lose all it's meaning if there was a face attached. So... I said, "No way! Where'd that come from?"

Before too long, there were several girls commenting on Post-its they had seen. One friend added, "Meagan, how have you NOT seen one? They're everywhere!"

As a disclaimer, I would have never thought that the Post-its were "everywhere!" In fact, I've only placed 10, one not even being in the school.

Regardless, I couldn't help smiling inside (I had to keep my clueless demeanor on the outside, of course.) They were noticing. And talking. And sharing what they had found.

I decided keeping my mouth shut, for the most part, was the best idea. I'm not the best of liars and would probably do more harm by trying to really play along with it.

Kinda cool, though, huh? If several of the girls, just sitting around the same table as me during lunch, have noticed the mysterious Post-its... Imagine the other people who have. So worth it.

We'll see how ambitious I'm feeling this weekend. Of course, I'll be placing two Post-its, but I'm not sure whether or not I'll just combine them on Sunday. We'll see...

Have a GREAT weekend!

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment