Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Posting" It Forward!

Happy Pay It Forward Day!!

I found out about this lovely "holiday" approximately 3 minutes ago, but I'm bubbling over with excitement! What an awesome day. I only wish I would have known earlier.

Although I began placing Post-its before I knew about this day, they seem to go perfectly hand-in-hand.

I will direct you to the site so you can see it for yourself:

http://payitforwardday.com/

Go ahead! Take a few minutes and at least glance over it. There are all sorts of inspiring, wonderful links on this site. I definitely recommend watching a few of the videos if you have time. They give me hope for the world!

Pretty cool, huh? The movie that this day is based on (Pay It Forward) came out when I was younger and I do remember watching it on the couch with my mom. I couldn't have been older than 9, though, so my comprehension level was still being molded into the masterpiece that it is now! ;-) I think I need to rent that one again soon...

So awesome. I'm still glowing with happiness. It's like finding someone who has the same birthday as you... It just parallels the Post-it Effect so well.

Anyhoo, Thursday's Post-it went in the girls bathroom. (There are multiple bathrooms in our high school, so I promise I haven't totally littered just one with notes. Although, that'd be a very motivating bathroom...) It read, "Don't settle for less than your worth. (And that's a lot!)" I knew almost instantly that I wanted it to go in the girls bathroom, because settling for less seems to be all too prevalent in high school, especially for girls. Maybe that will encourage one girl to reevaluate a current situation or help prevent one in the future.

Well, I'm off to get a few productive things done for the night... Sleep being high on the list.

Have a great night and... Pay It Forward :-)

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment