Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Musical Message


Unfortunately, as a result of a very busy day/evening, I only have a few minutes to throw this up here! But... I'd never leave you hanging. You? Well, maybe I'm just talking about me... (And maybe Brittany.) Bahaha!

Really, though, just wanted to at least throw up a picture and let it be some sort of an encouragement. Although I sort of pulled this saying out the air, I later realized it was actually a song lyric I knew: There's Hope - India Arie

I would definitely suggest you check it out on YouTube or something, although I'll post the lyrics here so you can get an idea of the context of which I pulled today's Post-it message... Good stuff!

"There's Hope"

Back when I had a little
I thought that I needed a lot
A little was overrated,
but a lot was a little too complicated
You see, zero didn't satisfy me
A million didn't make me happy
That's when I learned a lesson
That it's all about your perception

Hey-are you a pauper or a superstar?
So you act, so you feel, so you are
It ain't about the size of your car
It's about the size of the faith in your heart

[Chorus:]
There's hope
It doesn't cost a thing to smile
You don't have to pay to laugh
You better thank God for that

There's hope

Off in the back country of Brazil
A met a young brother that made me feel
That I could accomplish anything.
You see just like me he wanted to sing
He had no windows and no doors
He lived a simple life and was extremely poor
On top of all of that he had no eye sight,
but that didn't keep him from seein' the light
He said, what's it like in the USA?,
and all I did was complain
He said livin' here is paradise
He taught me paradise is in your mind

Every time I turn on the T.V. (There's Hope)
Somebody's acting crazy (There's Hope)
If you let it, it will drive you crazy (There's Hope)
but I'm takin' back my power today (There's Hope)
Gas prices they just keep on rising (There's Hope)
The government they keep on lying
but we gotta keep on surviving
Keep living our truth and do the best we can do

Stand up for your rights
Keep shining your light
And show the world your smile


I heard this song while shopping in a Plato's Closet one weekend... Normally, I cannot stand loud, obnoxious store music (Plato's Closet always seems to be especially irritating) But I ended up looking up this song when I got home. Guess you gotta weed through the bad songs to find the good ones.

Alright, I'm off to do some homework as well as take my first breath of the afternoon. (Okay, just kidding, but it sort of feels that way!)

Have an awesome Wednesday!

Meagan

1 comment: