Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A New Kind of Post-it

Hello, hello!

Oh gosh, it looks like I've made a habit out of posting later and later... Better than never, right? Just got a phone call from a good friend and found a very fun recipe to make, if that justifies my sluggish blogging...

Today's Post-it was... Different, to say the least. I may need to give you a little background before you completely understand my rash decision, but I'm confident that it was good.

Before I start explaining, I suppose I should let you know what the Post-it said, huh? :-) On a green sticky note, I wrote (Yes, MY handwriting!) a quote that has been on the mind the last few weeks.

"Live for today, but hold your hands open for tomorrow. There is a seed of God's love in every unpleasant situation in which you might find yourself."
- Barbara Johnson

To summarize as much as possible, I left the note on the desk of a teacher. It was very nonchalant and I actually dropped it right as I returned a pen to her jar at the bell. She was up walking around the classroom and (hopefully!) never actually saw me leave it.

Why her? Well, she's a temporary substitute while our original teacher is out for a new baby. I don't know very much about her, other than that she loves teaching and cares and awful lot. Being that she won't be in the classroom forever, I've noticed that kids seem to be pretty casual when it comes to being rude and disrespectful to her. Honestly, I don't even think you'd know that she might be upset by it. She's always smiling, encouraging, and helping.

I won't say she's perfect (Nobody is... Other than me, of course. Baha! Not.) But she's has put more into her sub position than she had to and is receiving less than desirable feedback.

As I said, this was a very quick choice, so using my own penmanship was a must. I'm not really worried about it. Even if she was able to pick out my handwriting, the thought of her breathing a sigh of relief upon seeing it makes it very worth it.

So, anyway, given the circumstances, I wasn't able to snap a picture, either... If you want, you can envision me frantically rounding up a sticky note, matching a colored marker to the Post-it, and copying the quote in my (Probably less than legible) handwriting. :-)

When I think about it, this is what the Post-it project is all about. And that makes me happy.

Good night to you!

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment