Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Addie's at it Again...


Hello friend(s)!

Today I had zero memory laps when it came to creating/placing a Post-it. In fact, I got it out much earlier in the day than I have been... Little did I know, that would just make for more time for my curious Post-it seeker to find it. Yep, she did!

I feel like I need a codename for this friend of mine... We'll call her Addie. I like that name and just feel like typing it over & over again, if you're wondering how I came up with it.

Anyway, Addie didn't waste a single moment between my posting the sticky note and confronting me about it.

I put up the Post-it towards the end of my 2nd hour class. Less than 20 minutes later, on the way to my 3rd period, it was GONE. Whenever a Post-it goes missing here are the first things to pop into my head...

1.) Someone tore it down. I'm not sure why this pessimistic picture is the first thing that I think of. It'd be nice to think that people wouldn't do that, but it is high school. 'Nough said, right?

2.) Someone took it! This would be my deepest, most lovely hope. I'd almost rather someone take it than it stay where it is. (Granted, taking it to the garbage doesn't count!) If one person resonated with it enough to want to take it with them, I'd say it did its job.

3.) I never actually put it up. Bahaha! Just joking. I'm not that crazy... I just don't really have a third thought when a Post-it goes missing ;-)

Back to the Post-it. It was gone. So, I went through the mental thought process and eventually had to put it on the back burner and put my French-pants on. (French is my 3rd hour class! Clever, huh?)

Between classes right after, I ran into Addie.

"Meagan, I grabbed a Post-it it to show you." (With a super confident smirk on her face, too!)

"Where'd this one come from?" I asked.

"The drinking fountain!"

"The same one?" I asked... Because... You know, I didn't know.

"No, different hallway." She said. I'm pretty sure by this time, I was looking a bit guilty...

"Okay, bring it to American Lit. with you!" I replied as I dashed off. One more second there and I would've lost it!

So, anyway, later she brought it to me and showed me. As you can tell from the photo, it was typed, so right away I made a point to say that there's no way she could tell from my handwriting.

"I know, but the last one was." Which is actually not true... Bahaha. But oh well.

After, she tried to give it to me, but I told her to keep it for obvious reasons. I wonder how suspicious I look... She hasn't really ever argued with me when I've denied it. Aaaah!

I've defintely had enough Post-it action for this week. But, better that than feel like nothings happening with them. Thanks, Addie, for reminding me that people DO see them. It's actually pretty encouraging! (Once I get past almost wetting my pants!) ;-)

Have a B-E-A-utiful Thursday!

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment