Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I. Love. Tacks.


As you probably could've inferred from the photograph, I did place my Post-it at church today!

Being it is Mother's Day (Happy Day to all you mothers/grandmothers!), my Sunday school class decorated a flower pot with cute little pansies in them. I tried to give them relevant Bible verses to write on the cards, but they all insisted on writing the same thing: "Honor your father and your mother blah, blah, blah..." It was cute, though.

After that, the little kiddos had to sing during service, so I put in some overtime (Haha!) and accompanied them to church to make sure they didn't bring wild animals or something in.

As I was walking out, I tacked the Post-it onto the bulletin board. I had to laugh- it looked so silly next to all the important who's/whats/whens of church life. I liked it.

I also appreciated the tack. Sometimes I kick myself for not taping Post-its, because as wonderful as the sticky notes are, their "sticky" factor can be less than favorable. So anyway, the tack will hopefully keep 'er there for awhile.

My church, however, is a little on the conservative side, so if for some reason the Post-it is not there come next Sunday, I'm just going to pretend someone LOVED it and took it home. Deal?

This afternoon I've done a few things of importance! Did a little more grocery shopping (It wasn't very extensive- the bulk of it got done last night!). I also got in a nice run and PRed distance wise. After, I went on a fun little bike ride with a girlfriend... And made my way back home! My legs hate me right now, but they'll thank me later.

Plans for tonight? Well, I need to watch The Bucket List. I ended up getting a late-night phone call from a friend and never actually started the movie. I have a pretty strict bedtime... Just joking, but I knew I needed all the sleep I could get when it came to my 4th graders this morning!

Other than that, there's always laundry to do or dishes to clean... Or nails to paint... Or pictures to color... Or fun recipes to make! I guess I can handle doing the last three options... If I have to. ;-)

Later gator,

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment