Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rebellious Posting


Bonjour mon ami(e)(s)!

That's my shot at French for you... For those of you who don't speak this beautiful (Ha!) language, that translates to "Hello, my friend!" However, the "e" is used when I'm talking about a friend that's a female, otherwise it would just end in an "i." And the "s" makes the word plural if I'm talking about more than one friend! There's your grammar lesson for the day :-)

Anyway, the Post-it I put up today went on an advertisement at the bank. I had to stop to withdraw some extra moola, and snuck the note on a ad next to the ATM on my way out! Let me tell you, doing something secretively in a bank is a scary thing to do! I felt like I had about 7 cameras on me... And another 3-4 security guards wondering where my sanity went.

I never actually saw anyone, but it seemed pretty rebellious. And, although it's sort of cliche, the note went along with my bank-theme. I can say, in all honesty, that it's definitely nice to remember my worth as a person is not determined by the amount of money I own. I'd be a very, very lousy person, that's for sure ;-)

As for the rest of the night, I spent a significant amount of time watching elementary-aged girls frolic around a baseball diamond. My sister had her first little-league game today, so I figured I ought to go. Since then, I made a nice little pot of rice, a piece of toast, and am debating on what to do about my lack of a respiratory system. My allergies are going off the hook!

Alright, well you have a fantastic night! Don't let the bed bugs bite! (Especially if you're allergic.)

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment