Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bright Side of Stress

Long time, not talk!

Just joking, it really hasn't been that long... But it sort of feels like it. Friday slipped by me like a bar of soap! After school, I had to work and by the time I got off, it was time to babysit... The kids were AH-DORABLE, but I didn't make it back home until 3 in the morning. Saturday was just as busy with bright & early ensemble competitions and working again that afternoon...

That all brings us to Sunday (One of my favorite days of the week!) where I now finally have the chance to sit down and chat with you! (Or... Myself. Bahaha!) I suppose I take what I can get.

Throughout all this weekend busyness, I did find time to get a few Post-its out! On Saturday, I was at a state solo ensemble festival, where I found my first Post-it target. Sometimes I look forward (Maybe that's not the term I'm looking for...) to stressful situations because it provides the perfect opportunity to place a positive note for someone! Being this was a state competition, nerves and emotions were high. Anyway, I put it in a woman's bathroom on the college campus in which we were performing.

Today's Post-it went on the soap dispenser in the girls' bathroom at church. I put in in there after a presentation on a trip to Honduras I took a few months ago... I guess I just had some "ambition" vibes running through me!

Hopefully someone else does now, too.

Well, I guess it only makes sense that I have homework, laundry, and some sleep to catch up on after my eventful weekend...

Here's to a good week! And you know what? If Monday doesn't seem to be calling your name (Does it ever?) and looks to have the word stress written all over it... Maybe it's time to leave a Post-it :-)

Meagan

P.S. This is my first May post! How exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment