Doing my part to make the world a better place—whether it be by a total epiphany or a simple smile—I've found a hobby in leaving simple Post-it notes. On these Post-its are written words of kindess, love, and encouragement, in hopes that it may bring a little light to whoever may find it. Since this objective took flight, I've additionally enjoyed simply sharing daily occurances that make life beautiful. Do take what you can from my silly, messy, and scatterbrained story. If nothing else, may it encourage you to embrace your own.
To read more on my optimistic endeavor, check out my introductory post here.

Looking to join the team of fearless Post-it cadetes? Send a picture and your story to doll.meagan@gmail.com. Happy posting!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Believe to See

Hey, hey!

So in case you're one of those people who scrolls around to find the picture before reading the post (I think I might be one of them, so just thought I'd give a little shout out...) then you may want to quit looking. Baha! That sounds bad.

Let me start over.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of today's Post-it. Sometimes I feel bad when I don't, you know? Like I let the project down. But then I consider the positives of not having a photo...

Exhibit A: Maybe it'll allow you to exercise you're own imagination. When you don't have a visual, you subconsciously create one in your head, right? That's gotta be healthy!

Exhibit B: You could, if you so desired, set out to make your own Post-it! You already have all those creative juices floating around in your noggin... Why not put them to good use? Feel free to pull out a pad of sticky notes and design YOUR Post-it. It doesn't necessarily have to say the same thing as today's, but the saying is there to start you. That decision is definitely for those visual learners... I almost said those who need to "see to believe." But maybe... In this Post-it case, you need to "believe to see."

Believe that you can make a difference with a small 3x3 inch note. Once you are confident in this unusual and down-to-earth truth, you'll begin to see Post-it ideas flash across your mind.

That's one thing I've realized lately. It doesn't take me very long to come up with a phrase to go on a Post-it... I know that any small, encouraging line can work wonders.

Well, I may be in this prophetic mood after an Empty Bowls presentation. (Empty Bowls = fundraising/educational event designed to teach the effects of poverty and raise money to send to local/global relief projects.)

This was also the time I placed today's note. It said "You can make a difference," in light of the night's event. Gosh, I know that if I found that, I could easily find it in myself to cry. But I find it in myself to cry at the most cheesy, silly things all the time... So... ;-)

AND, I also got the sweetest note from a friend in Honduras as I arrived home. As I mentioned once before, I went there a few months ago for mission work and spent most of my time teaching in a small, three-room school house. The teacher there, Teresa, sent me the sweetest facebook post...

"So this was what Isai told his classmates: "Meagan is my girlfriend...only Meagan! " see that`s special lol.....love you girl."

Isai was a little boy I became especially attached to... Well, and vise versa. The younger boys took to me exceptionally well (I definitely don't attract boys my age as quickly...)

Anyway, I thought that was cute.

Alrighty, well I'm off to finish writing some letters and round up some stuff for tomorrow.

G'night!

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment